The purpose of legal translation
The purpose of legal translation is to create a text that can be interpreted in the same way by certified translator of the target legal system, and it must also be within the original legal system. The aim of translation is not to erase cultural and linguistic differences, but to fully assimilate them in an indisputable manner. The challenge here is to present the legal text as part of the applicable judicial system
Legal translation services
There is no doubt that legal translation contributes to international cooperation and understanding and negotiation on international issues, in order to communicate and translate points of view and proposed solutions on issues such as: issues of terrorism and international crimes and others.
Legal Translation covers a variety of areas, including, but not limited to, contracts and agreements, immigration documents, witness statements, court orders, wills, trust papers, patents, litigation documents, articles of incorporation, Certified Legal Translator
The criteria of certified legal translator
There are a lot of criteria of translator should generally have:
- Legal translation requires the translator must have a deep legal background.
- Not only to translate legal terms, but also to put them in the appropriate context targeted by the original text.
- A deep understanding of the document to be translated as a whole, not a partial or literal understanding.
- Translator should be aware of legal terminology in both the source and target languages.
- Qualifications and training in the study of translation.
- Time management to complete tasks on time and balance between personal and professional life.
- To be able to negotiate and deal with clients professionally.
Read more: How to be professional in legal translation?
First Translation Company offers a wide range of translation and interpreting services, from business translations to legal and medical translations, from website translations to technical documentation and software localization in any language.